SeeLogic visits BETT 2017 show
On Friday 27th January I visited the BETT 2017 show at the ExCel centre in London. The BETT show is a large four day event with the mission to build a better future by transforming education. It was a vast conference with a bewildering number of forums, discussions and stands. It was my first visit and I was astounded by the scale. I was also totally inspired by the technology and mission to put awe into learning. As SeeLogic is both a re-seller of leading IT provision and occasional developer of own solutions, it was important to see how software can be used to the fullest and keep an eye on latest innovation. With such a big conference it was tough to see everything, here are some of my key highlights below:
- Eric Sheniger’s hugely engaging talk on “Inspiring Students: How technology can put awe back into learning”.
- The STEAM village where pupils and older visitors alike could program Raspberry Pis, code machines or build robots.
- Microsoft is a major partner of BETT and they had a number of great stands: The maker area in the STEAM village, the class room with informative talks and the Partner Campus.
- Google for Education has a mission of bringing a range of services to educators. They had a busy classroom all day.
- Heston Blumenthal’s advice in his talk that everyone is creative they just need to break free from the fear of failure.
- The sheer scale of EdTech products and solutions available.
I left BETT 2017 feeling energised, inspired and excited, if a little way-laden with all the hand outs I was carrying. I highly recommend it to others.
Some rather blurry photos taken at #BETT2017 on Friday 27th January.
Join the Discussion
you might also like
10 New Salesforce Features to Take Control of Your Data, Activities, and Events
Salesforce, one of the leading CRM platforms, has announced enhancements in usab...read more
7 Upcoming Dynamics 365 for Sales Features to Accelerate Your Sales Process
The October 2019 release brings lots of brand-new capabilities and enhancements ...read more
6 Upcoming Dynamics 365 for Marketing Features to Boost Campaigns, Customer Experience, and Relationships
With new Dynamics 365 for Marketing features rolling out from October 2019, you ...read more